Sunday, July 10, 2011

The first post and why it will not count

"Why won't it count?" asks the reader.

There are rules.

THE RULES

A) I, Daniel Lee Dorsey, AKA Danny, AKA dldorsey must play a game on a PC for at least 60 minutes each day until at least July 10th, 2012. The Wii, the BlackBerry, the iPhone, the dining room table? None of them count. I'm not sure whether to count Flash or other browser based games. Some of them are of an impressive quality and they will be played on a PC. Consider Neptune's Pride before you rush to answer, "No!" Judges?

B) I must write about the aforementioned 60+ minutes of gaming for the post to count. Theretowhenceforth, this post does not count. Posts that don't count will be labeled accordingly for those of you playing along with the home edition.

C) Daily shall be defined by the time between when I get up in the morning to when I go to bed for the night. I frequently stay up past midnight and therefore might skip posting on a certain calendar day, though will have satisfied the requirements of this challenge. If this bothers your OCD in some way, good.

D) Spoiler content will be hidden from view by default. If I can pull off a gaming.reddit.com style mouseover spoiler hider, I'll use that. If not, I may rock it old school and use something like this, that requires you to click-drag-highlight to reveal.

E) Screenshots, videos and achievements are encouraged, but not required of a daily post. Screenshot, video and achievement only posts are doesnotcount however, since they would not satisfy rule B.

F) Other temporary or permanent rule sets may be created to augment this rule set. These additional rule sets may not violate any terms of this'n right here.

END
I'll close with a quote from one of the top video game characters of all time, Minsc. "Fear not! I will inspire you all by charging blindly on!"

No comments: