Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day Twenty

Tonight brought a return to Fallout: New Vegas. According to Steam, I hadn't played it since May 10th, so it's been a good while. I picked up the Honest Hearts DLC during the Summer Camp Sale because it was so cheap. Based on the reviews I wouldn't have picked it up for $10, but $3 seemed like it would be hard to go wrong.

I'm not sure what went wrong, but once I got into the DLC level, the group I was with was attacked right away. Everyone but me was killed. From there on out, every faction in the level was automatically hostile. This makes for a pretty shitty RPG, since there was no dialog other than to start the mission. I'll probably start the whole damn thing over again, since I'd like to play the story, but tonight it was just a shooting fest with the .50cal sniper rifle and the riot shotgun. By the time I started killing named NPCs I didn't feel like starting it over tonight. I killed the main character within about 20 minutes, but because I couldn't start dialog with anyone, I didn't miss any of the story.

Just did a bit of reading and it turns out I either got trigger happy and shot a Tribal I wasn't supposed to or there was a glitch early on. Apparently if you shoot this guy, everyone in the whole level is hostile for the duration of the DLC. That's a pretty shit piece of game design right there, especially since this friendly guy looks like the dudes that were just attacking you and there's no auto-dialog with him so clarify that he's friendly. There's just so many ways it could have been better handled by the designers. Oh well, for three bucks I guess I'm doing OK.

Games Played: 
Fallout: New Vegas

Achievements: 
When We Remembered Zion

No comments: