Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day Ten

Tonight I sat down with an old friend. Not an elderly friend, but a friend I hadn't seen in a bit. World of Goo was my gateway drug to indie gaming. That's probably a bad analogy, since I'm not addicted to indie games. It really just showed me that there was real quality available outside of big, famous studios and publishers. Something I probably should have realized sooner in life, but better late than never.

While I have opened my heart to indie games, I'm certainly not an indie games hipster elitist preaching that indie games are the one true form and that we shall forsake all others. Far from it. I enjoyed the hell out of Fallout: New Vegas and there's simply no way a game like that could come from an independent studio.

I'm sure there's more to this post, but that's all I've got. Today's post will just have to suck. You can't win them all.

Games Played:
World of Goo

Achievements:
WoG has Steam achievements, but I bought it direct from 2D Boy and haven't bothered to register it in Steam yet. Playing the game is reward enough on its own in this case.

1 comment:

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

Sure sure. I'm not addicted. I can stop at anytime. Pfft.