Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day Eleven

Frozen Synapse has me wondering in that "I shall wonder but put forth no more effort to find out right now" sort of way, if it is the first or even the only game to have implemented turn based strategy with simultaneous execution of the orders. I highly doubt that it is, but it's certainly the first for me and I love it. I've always enjoyed the pace and planning of turn based games but didn't like alternating turns. It always feels so forced to sit back and wait after making your moves while the other half got to do something. This is not how life works. Though I suppose neither does life allow for planning sequential five second busts of actions 10 minutes at a time.

The simultaneous execution aspect makes planning more exciting to me. It's fun to work from the exact same set of information at the same time. My only clue about my opponent's next move is his past moves. But I have to anticipate his next moves as mine will be executed. There's no guaranteed double word score for going first, because we're both going first.

Games Played:
Frozen Synapse

Achievements:
The game has them, I didn't earn any today

No comments: