Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day Twenty-six

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm back. Had some stuff come up that made this endeavor more difficult than I wanted to put up with, so I took a break for a few days. I still played games, but didn't feel much like writing about it afterwards.

I purchased an Xbox 360 controller today with some Best Buy gift cards I had sitting around. I own several games that play well with a controller, but the old Microsoft Sidewinder game pad I own hooks up to a game port. Yes, kids, a game port. Look it up on your fancy digital encyclopedia.

I played Shatter for a bit with the controller and while it was different than playing on the keyboard, I don't think it was necessarily any better. Then I switched over to Beat Hazard. This game takes your music and dynamically generates levels based on it. And by dynamically generates, I mean rapes your eyelids off with a thousand rainbows of pure fusion power. The game starts with a warning for epileptics and it's clear after about .037 seconds why that is. Good times on the Xbox controller though. If you're in the mood for mindless, shoot the living bejesus out of everything on the screen before it kills you sort of arcade action, you should pick it up.

Games Played: 
Shatter
Beat Hazard

Achievements:
Perfect
1st Track Cleared
Tug of War
Boss Dance
Boss Slayer
Brutal Boss Kill.

1 comment:

Lisa is a Culinary Genius said...

you fail at daily blogging. What's your excuse? Just moved into a new house? Just had a kid? Have a million people staying at your house?